Mid-Level Narcotic Investigations: 3 Day Training Course
Basic narcotic training courses focus on drug identification, types of informants, operational planning, and search warrant execution. Advanced narcotic training courses focus on drug cartels, money laundering, complex conspiracy investigations, and interstate/international wiretap cases.
While these two types of training programs are a necessary part of drug enforcement, there is a considerable gap in the training available to law enforcement officers that target mid-level drug dealers.
This training course will teach officers how to identify, target, infiltrate, and prosecute drug organizations that often go undetected. Concepts utilized by federal agencies to dismantle interstate narcotic traffickers will be presented to show how the same concepts can be utilized by local & state police officers to dismantle mid-level narcotic dealers flooding communities with drugs.
In an effort to prevent history from repeating itself, case studies will be presented on undercover operations that erupted in violence. Officers will be exposed to up-to-date undercover audio/video recordings that will demonstrate various teaching points.
This training curriculum was developed to target mid-level drug dealers using all available resources including both state and federal narcotic and firearm laws. All of the material presented in this course is based solely on methods and techniques that have been extremely effective in previous mid-level investigations.
Learn from an instructor who has infiltrated numerous mid-level drug groups, and knows how to attack every
aspect of the group to dismantle the entire organization.
- Mid-Level Enforcement Philosophy
- Structure of Drug Organizations (Crack Cocaine, PCP, Heroin, Meth)
- Building a Conspiracy Investigation
- Overview of Federal Sentencing Guidelines
- Conducting a Thorough Preliminary Investigation
- OCDETF Investigations
- Mexican Drug Cartels' Connections to American Street Gangs
- Mid-Level Wiretap Applications
- Informant Control & Management during Long-term Investigations
- Conducting Firearm Investigations
- Long-term Undercover Operations
- Violence in Narcotic Operations
- Undercover Officers Killed in Line of Duty
- Psychological Effects on UC officers